Junior Chef 2019
The first stage was held on April 27th in El Corte Inglés Costa Marbella and there were more than 40 participants divided into two groups
The 10 finalists were chosen by our exceptional panel of judges:
- Lutz Bösing, Jardín de Lutz Finca Cortesín
- Mauricio Giovanini, Messina*
- Fausto Pellegrinetti, Giolatto
- José Zorita, grupo restaurantes Tomate
- Carlos Navarro, Sushi Chef & Japanese Cuisine
- Guillermo Fernández González, El Corte Inglés
- Omar Hafián, La Lonja Marbella
- Mariola Ustarán, Food Room, aula gastronómica
The final was held on May 2nd at the Hospitality Services School in Benahavis, where the participants were asked to prepare a dish with one common denominator: duck magret.
The panel of judges on this occasion was made up: Esperanza González, the town counsellor in charge of the school; José Zorita, from Tomate group of restaurants; and Federico Baglietto, Head of the Hospitality Services School of Benahavis.
They once again had a difficult job choosing the first three places:
- 3rd place: Ángela Contreras
- 2nd place: Miguel García
- 1st places: Teresa Cerviño
The many different prizes were awarded at the ceremony held in the Assembly Hall at Colegio Atalaya.